Time to allow: 45 minutes
- Felt sheets in your choice of colours
- Needle and cotton thread
- Tacky glue
- Brooch bar
- Downloadable template
How to Make
- Using the template (download yours here), cut out two bird shapes from a piece of felt. Cut out a contrasting colour ‘wing’ and stick to one of the bird pieces.
- Thread a piece of cord onto a flower button and tie a bow.
- Stitch the flower button to the wing and a star button ‘eye’ on the birds’ head.
- Cut a small length of ribbon, fold in half and stitch to the back of the bird to make the ‘legs’.
- Then stick the two bird pieces together.
- Finally, sew a small bar brooch on to the back of the finished bird.
Project from the Hobbycraft blog.
There's more craft in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.