Suitable for: Beginners
Time to make: 30 minutes per animal
How to make a chick
- Paint the tubes yellow with two coats of paint.
- For the wings, cut a rounded strip of white felt measuring 17cm, then cut three narrower pieces from yellow and white felt. Use pinking shears to snip the bottom of each part of the wing. Layer and glue each strip on top of each other - trim away any excess and snip the middle to create a wing shape. Dot a bit of glue in the middle of the wings and attach to the back of the chick, then glue the top corner of the wings to the front of the tube.
- Cut the feet out of yellow foam and glue to the base of tube. Once the glue has set, add detail to the feet with an orange pen.
- Cut a small piece of orange felt into a triangle and glue on for the beak.
- Draw the eyes on with a black pen.
- Put a layer of glue inside the top of the tube and stick yellow feathers all the way round.
To make the flowers
- Cut out flower petals from pink and yellow foam. Layer up the pink and yellow flowers on top of each other.
- Insert a green pipe cleaner through the centre of the flowers. Glue a small pom pom onto the centre of the flower to cover the sharp edge and secure the pipe cleaner.
Project from www.hobbycraft.co.uk
There's more crafts in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.