Just in case you do fall ill have these remedies on hand to help you recover.
- Keep germs at bay with Cuticura Passionflower and Mango Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel (£0.99/50ml) from Boots – it kills 99.99 per cent of bacteria.
- Fight your cold with A.Vogel Echinaforce Hot Drink (£9.99/100ml) – mix the herbal syrup into hot water to make a drink to sip three to five times a day.
- Speed up recovery from a stomach bug by replenishing your body’s fluids and salts with ORS Hydration Tablets (£4.99/12 tablets), available from supermarkets.
- Clear a stuffy head and blocked sinuses with Olbas Max Strength (£4.75/16 tablets), an all-in-one cold and flu treatment to target all the main symptoms.
- Ease a chesty cough with Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar Free syrup (£4.99/150ml), from pharmacies and supermarkets.
- Breathe easy with Care Menthol and Eucalyptus Inhalation (£2.15/100ml) – just add to hot water and inhale to clear you nose and chest.
- Soothe a sore throat with Jakemans Honey and Lemon Menthol Sweets (£0.69/41g) now available in a handy new stick pack.
- Stop a cold in its tracks with Boots Cold and Flu Defence Spray £6.99/20ml. Use at the first sign of a cold – or if someone close to you has one you don’t want to catch.
For more health tips grab the latest issue of Yours magazine, which is out every fornight.