Advice from the experts at Dermalex:
- Establish what might trigger your eczema flare-ups. Once you know the triggers, you can try to avoid them, for example certain foods, fabrics, heat or using soaps or detergents.
- Avoid overzealous central heating indoors this can dry the skin and trigger eczema flare ups.
- Take lukewarm baths and showers using mild soap or non-soap cleanser.
- Dehydration can make skin appear dry and wrinkles look more apparent. Make sure you drink the recommended eight glasses of water a day to keep skin looking supple.
- Layers of clothing and a scarf are great ways to shield your face from the elements, but some materials can be irritating, and worsen conditions like eczema. Be wary of wool and nylon which are among the main offenders.
- Keep your fingernails short to help keep scratching from breaking the skin.
For more health tips, pick up the latest issue of Yours