We asked you to share some of your wonderfully warbled song words. Here are a few of our favourites:
- In Bohemian Rhapsody...“For years I couldn’t understand why Freddie Mercury was telling his Mama he had just killed a Bear” Heather McMillan told us, while Bea Roberts was sure that they were saying “Beelzebub has the devil for a sideboard”.
- Maureen Joan Wicker’s son thought Wham! were asking to “wake me up for me coco”,
- While Maggie Taylor heard The Mamas & The Papas singing “poor old Lisa Brown and the sky is grey” in California Dreamin’.
- Whitney Houston also muddled up Jackie Loveday Harlow Deering, who thought she was asking “what you know about bee stings”
- And Jackie Blackburn got the wrong end of the stick about Billy Ocean when she misheard “when the going gets tough” as “go and get stuffed”.
- Sarah Wainwright told us “I always wondered at school why we were singing ‘I am the lord of the dance settee'!”
Book your FREE Boots hearing check
While mishearing a lyric can be very funny, if you or a loved one are missing out on more than you should be, it’s time to get your hearing checked. Book your FREE Boots hearing check with a hearing care expert now. You can book an appointment at a day and time to suit you at one of 440 locations across the UK. Book your appointment today by calling 0345 071 1274 or visit www.bootshearingcare.com/hearing-tests/yours
Join in the fun with a gigantic Yours Chinese Whispers!
We’ve teamed up with Boots Hearingcare to find out what happens when we ask 200-plus Yours readers to pass along a whispered message. Everyone who joins in the fun at Yours Live! VIP at Alvaston Hall on April 7th will be in with a chance of winning a £100 Boots voucher!