If you love looking back at the fashions, the film stars and the fun of our youth then this new magazine is for you.
Laugh along with classic Carry On lines, and swoon over Davy Jones and The Monkees or troubled heart-throb Steve McQueen. Discover the stories behind some of Hollywood’s famous romances, we reveal royal scandal and stars’ secret lives. Remember Butlin’s holidays, the end of sweet rationing and children’s TV favourites… there really is something for everyone.
Just look at what's inside:
- Carry On laughing: Our favourite one-liners
- The eternal Grace Kelly: Why Princess Grace wanted to make her father proud
- Corsets, bustles and breeches: Seventies costume drama with Poldark, The Pallisers and more
- The Saga of the Savoy: Surprising hotel stories
- Elvis: A profile of the King of rock 'n' roll
- Gossip columnist Sheilah Graham: from Eastend orphan to F Scott Fitzgerald's muse
- Back in time: Seventies’ shopping basket
- Retracing the Thirty-Nine Steps: A story retold
- Scandal of a Swedish sweetheart: The affair that stalled Ingrid Bergman's career
- No strings attached! Our favourite children's TV puppets
- Ten lingering screen kisses: Memorable screen clinches
- Magnificent Steve McQueen: Profile of a Hollywood heart-throb
- Happy birthday Butlin’s: 80 years of family holidays
- The birth of the bikini: How swimwear got smaller
- A siren with a secret: The brains and beauty of Hedy Lamarr
- The many faces of Sherlock Holmes: Whodunnit best?
- Katharine Hepburn: Spencer Tracy's devoted mistress
- After Goon! What the Goons did next
- Fifties’ sweets: Our post-ration favourites
- Hey hey we’re the Monkees! The perfect Sixties pop band
- Angela Lansbury: What a dame!
- The first Prince William: The high-flying royal and his heartbreaking romance
- Ghost singers of Hollywood: The voices behind the musicals
- Golden wonder: What do you know about the World Cup?
- The birthplace of Rock ’n’ Roll: The 2is coffee bar
- Not such devoted sisters: The story of Olivia de Havilland and Joan Fontaine
- Screen cuisine recipes: Lady and the Tramp spaghetti and meatballs
- Win a bundle of retro DVDs
- Before they were famous: Try your hand at our fun quiz
Available in shops or order your copy now for £3.99 (plus £1 p&p) by calling 01733 840111 or send a cheque (made payable to Yours magazine) to Yours Retro Issue 1, Po Box 136, Coates, Peterborough PE7 2FE