Comedian Paul O’Grady has pipped even the Queen to the post by being voted as nation’s favourite dog owner.
The ‘For the Love of Dogs’ presenter came out top dog ahead of Her Majesty, chat show host Graham Norton and X Factor’s Simon Cowell.
Others on the list of the UK’s best loved dog owners include Britain’s Got Talent judge Amanda Holden, actor Tom Hardy and Formula 1 champion Lewis Hamilton. The poll by tails.com, which tailor-makes food for a dog’s unique nutritional and dietary needs, also found that a third of people (30 per cent) tend to ‘like’ celebrities more if they know they love dogs.
The poll also found that the Labrador is Britain’s favourite breed – coming out top dog in the vote ahead of the Golden Retriever and Border Collie. Others popular canines in the top ten of over 300 recognised dog breeds include Boxers, Beagles and Pugs.
Here's the results in full.
The UK's favourite famous dog owners:
- Paul O’Grady, owner to Eddie, a Jackahuahua (Jack Russell-Chihuahua)
- The Queen, owner to over 30 Corgis during her reign
- Graham Norton, owner to Bailey, a Labradoodle, and Madge, a terrier
- Simon Cowell, owner to Cairn Terriers, Sqiddly and Diddly
- Tom Hardy, owner to Woody, a Labrador Mix
- Davina McCall, owner to Beaucerons, Donny and Bo
- Amanda Holden, owner to Rudie, a Border Terrier
- Gordon Ramsey, owner to Bruno, a Cocker Spaniel
- Lewis Hamilton, owner to bulldogs, Roscoe and Coco
- Professor Green, owner Arthur, a bull terrier
The UK's favourite dog breeds:
- Golden Retriever
- Border Collie
- German Sheperd
- Cocker Spaniel
- Springer Spaniel
- Jack Russell Terrier
- For more animal magic, pick up the latest copy of Yours magazine