To make the white chocolate panna cotta
- Heat the cream and milk in a pan over a medium heat until the mixture is almost simmering.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the white chocolate and sugar until the ingredients have melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the soaked gelatine leaves. Stir until the gelatine leaves have melted then set the mixture aside until it has completely cooled.
- Pour the panna cotta mixture into ramekins, then chill in the fridge for a few hours, or until set firm.
To make the gingerbread
- Preheat your oven to 165°c. Melt the butter and let it cool.
- In a saucepan, heat the honey to 50°c. Sift together flour, baking powder and all the spices. In a food processor or a bowl, beat the eggs with the honey until light.
- Add the butter & the milk.
- Finally add the dry ingredients and smooth the mixture using a mixer or whisk.
- Pour the mixture into 2 loaf pans (approximately 18cm long) greased and floured.
- Bake for about 50 minutes and check the baking towards the end using the tip of a knife. If the knife comes out clean then the gingerbread is baked.
- Remove form the mould immediately and let it cool down. Wrap in clingfilm and use after a couple of days to allow the spices and aromas to develop in the gingerbread
To make the gingerbread caramel
- Put the sugar into a pan over a medium heat and leave it until the edges start to liquifyy. Resist the almost unbearable urge to stir. It will melt, unevenly at first.
- Once there are larger patches of molten sugar, swirl the pan, dragging the dry sugar into the wet, until even. Let it reach a nice amber colour then carefully add the cream.
- When all the cream is added, bring back to the boil. Add the gingerbread and whisk using a hand blender. Pass through a fine sieve. Place the caramel in an airtight container and keep in the fridge until needed.
To make the apple cider granita
1. Simmer the water and sugar together to create a syrup. Mix the syrup with the cider.
2. Pour in a dish and freeze until needed. Grate the granita with a fork to create shards of ice. Serve immediately.
- Recipe designed by Fred Ponnavoy, Head Chef of Gü puds.
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Luxurious to eat and deceptively simple to make
300ml double cream 90ml milk 60g white chocolate 15g caster sugar 32g water 4g gelatine leaves, soaked in cold water Gingerbread: 320g of honey 1 large egg 110g unsalted butter 130g fresh whole milk 270g plain flour 9g bicarbonate of soda 6g ground cinnamon 1g ground cloves 1g ground cardamom 2g ground ginger Gingerbread Caramel: 100g caster sugar 150g whipping cream 35g diced gingerbread Apple Cider Granita: 250ml good quality apple cider 15g caster sugar 15g water
Time: 1 hour plus cooling Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a