- Preheat oven to fan 180°C, conventional 200°C, gas 6.
- Place the potato in a large pan and bring to the boil for 5-7 minutes, until just beginning to soften, drain well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry onion until soft, add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Stir in the soup, stock and pulses, heat through and pour into a casserole dish.
- Arrange potatoes in a layer over the vegetable mixture.
- Brush the butter over the potatoes, bake for 30 minutes, or until the potato is cooked through and golden brown.
- Delicious served with fresh crusty bread.
Tip: Try stirring dried or fresh herbs into the vegetable mixture and sprinkling with cheese before putting in the oven.
Recipe from Canned Food UK.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Just what you need to warm up a chilly autumn night
295g condensed vegetable soup 410g mixed pulses, drained 3 large potatoes, very thinly sliced 1 red onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, crushed 100ml vegetable stock 1 Tbsp oil 10g melted butter Crusty bread
Time: 45 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: 374 Cals, 10.1g Fat, 2.4g Sat Fat