- Peel the sweet potato and cut into small chunks. Cook in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until the sweet potato is almost tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large deep frying pan, preferably non-stick, add the sweet potato and fry over a fairly high heat for about 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Drain from the pan on to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and stir-fry the turkey for 3-4 mins or until the chunks are golden. Add the frozen peas and Peppadew Peppers, stir for 1 min, then return the sweet potato to the pan.
- Pour in the eggs and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook over a medium heat for 8-10 mins. As the eggs set, pull up the edge of the frittata with a spatula and tilt the pan so the uncooked egg runs to the bottom and cooks.
- When the eggs are almost set, preheat the grill to high. Slide the pan until the grill and cook until the top is set and golden brown. Slide the frittata out of the pan on to a board, garnish with a few parsley leaves and cut into wedges. Serve hot or cold with salad.
Recipe from www.britishturkey.co.uk
This thick, summery Italian-style omelette is equally delicious hot or cold and only needs a salad of mixed leaves and maybe some country bread
1 small sweet potato 3 tbsp olive oil 350g British turkey steaks, cut into bite-size pieces 115g (4oz) frozen peas ½ jar Peppadew Mild Piquanté Peppers, drained and roughly chopped 8 eggs, beaten Salt and freshly ground black pepper Parsley leaves, to garnish
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4-6 Nutrition: n/a