- Make the pastry. Put the flour into the bowl of a food processor and add the butter, thyme leaves and a pinch of salt. Whiz until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix the egg yolk in a bowl with 1 tbsp water and stir into the flour mixture. Whiz again until the mixture just begins to come together. Tip into a bowl and carefully bring it all together with your hands and knead gently until smooth. Wrap in baking parchment and chill for 15 minutes.
- Whiz the green olives and anchovies together in a food processor. Put the tomatoes on a plate and sprinkle with salt. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry until thin and use to line a 20cm shallow tart tin. Prick the base of the dough all over, cover with baking parchment and baking beans and freeze for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan oven/gas mark 6.
- Bake the tart for 15 minutes until the base of the pastry is just set. Remove the parchment and beans. Spread the olive and anchovy mixture over the base. Drain the tomatoes and layer over the top so it covers the mixture. Drizzle over the oil and vinegar and bake for 15-20 minutes until the tomatoes are cooked through. Garnish with thyme and serve.
Recipes from We Care, You Enjoy.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve warm with a fresh salad
For the pastry 175g plain flour, sifted 80g butter, chilled and diced The leaves picked from 3 thyme sprig, plus extra thyme sprigs to garnish 1 large egg yolk For the filling 100g stoned Queen green olives 50g tin anchovies, drained Around 600g tomatoes, sliced 1 tbsp olive oil 1 tsp red wine vinegar
Time: 30 mins Serves: 8-10 Nutrition: n/a