- Put 2 x 213g cans or equivalent of cooked Pacific salmon into a food processor with 3 chopped spring onions, a handful of fresh coriander, ½ tablespoon each of red chilli (with or without seeds) and grated root ginger, grated zest of ½ lime, 1 small egg, Thai red curry paste and salt and pepper – to taste.
- Chill until required. To cook – Fill a large saute pan or wok to around 5cm with vegetable oil.
- Heat carefully until a crust of bread browns in 30 seconds.
- Shape the mixture into small cakes with some cornflour and lower into the hot oil, cook for a few minutes until the cakes rise to the top of the oil.
- Drain and pile on a serving dish.
Recipe from the Billingsgate Seafood School.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with lime wedges and chilli dipping sauce
2 tins of Pacific salmon or equivalent Spring onions Fresh coriander 1/2 tsp red chilli Grated root ginger 1/2 lime 1 small egg Thai red curry paste Salt and pepper Conrflour
Time: 10 minutes Serves: 2 Nutrition: n/a