- Pre-heat your oven to 200C/400F.
- Divide the sweet potatoes over two trays, to prevent them overcrowding. This is essential to get a crispy chip. Drizzle over the olive oil and toss to coat. The other option is placing the olive oil dressed chips on wire racks over baking trays to get even crisping around the whole chip.
- Place the sweet potato chips in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes. If they are on a tray, turn them halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, make the crab drizzle by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl, adding a little extra garlic oil or lemon juice if you wish and season to taste.
- Remove the sweet potato chips from the oven. Place in a large bowl and toss in a good couple of pinches of salt to season.
- Place the chips in a bowl, cover in the crab and chilli drizzle and enjoy hot.
Recipe created by Yes Chef, Tess Ward for Lactofree.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
To get perfect sweet potato chips, firstly cut them into thin fries and soak in cold salted water for 1 1/2 hours
For the sweet potato chips: 4 medium (approx 800g) sweet potatoes, cut in thin fries cornflower, for dusting 3 tablespoons olive oil sea salt and freshly ground black pepper Chilli cream cheese drizzle: 50g brown crab meat 1 heaped tablespoon Lactofree cream cheese 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice 1 teaspoon garlic infused olive oil sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Time: 2 hours Serves: 2 Nutrition: n/a