- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the sliced onion and peppers. Stir everything together then add 1 tbsp water and turn the heat down.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring everything now and then. Add a drizzle more water if the pan looks dry during this stage.
- Brown the sausages in a separate pan. Stir the garlic into the peppers and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sausages to the pepper mixture, along with the wine, stock, herbs and vinegar and continue to cook, covered for a further 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill. Rub the kale with oil and season well. Spread out on a baking sheet and grill until the edges are starting to crisp up.
- Divide the sausages and stew among four bowls, top with the kale and serve.
For more information about British Sausage Week (2-8 November) visit lovepork.co.uk
For more warming winter recipes this November, grab the latest copy of Yours.
Try and use good quality sausages for this stew, aim for 70% meat or higher for the best taste
2 tbsp olive oil 1 onion, finely sliced 2 red peppers, halved, deseeded and finely sliced 2 yellow peppers, halved, deseeded and finely sliced 8 sausages 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced 200ml (7fl oz) light red or dry white wine 200ml (7fl oz) hot vegetable or chicken stock ½ tsp dried marjoram 2 bay leaves 1 tbsp red wine vinegar For the crispy kale: 100g (31/2 oz) chopped kale 1 tbsp olive oil pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
Time: 20 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: Kcal 426, Fat 29.2g, Sat Fat 7.7g