- Preheat oven to 200c
- Using a long thin knife make small cuts all over the lamb rump.
- Push your finger in to make small holes, then the push anchovies into all the holes, followed by the bacon, rosemary, and thyme. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof pan over a high heat, place the lamb rump in pan skin side down and cook for 5 minutes. Make sure the skin is well coloured before putting it in the oven to cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the lamb rump and let it rest for 10 minutes. This will leave the lamb perfectly pink in middle.
- Meanwhile place stock, saffron and balsamic vinegar in a sautee pan to boil and reduce by a third.
- Take the pan juices from the lamb and pour in to the reduced sauce, stir in 30g of butter.
Recipe from Chefs Jobs UK.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with dauphinoise potatoes and a panache of baby vegatables
1 x 8oz lamb rump 4 x fresh anchovies, frozen 25g smoked bacon lardons 2 tbs finely chopped rosemary sprigs 2 tbs thyme sprigs Salt and freshly ground pepper 1 tbs of olive oil 450ml fresh chicken stock ¼ tsp of saffron threads 4tbs balsamic vinegar 50g unsalted butter
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 1 Nutrition: n/a