- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan oven 180C/Gas mark 6. Season both salmon fillets with salt and freshly ground black pepper and lay one skinned side down onto a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and fry the onion for 3-4 minutes until beginning to soften. Sprinkle over the rice and season with salt. Pour over 100ml/3fl oz cold water. Bring to the boil, cover and turn to the lowest heat possible and cook for 10 minutes (do not lift the lid).
- Tip the cooked rice mixture into a bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs, dill, egg yolks and dried cranberries. Cut three thin slices from one orange set aside. Squeeze the juice from the leftover sliced orange. Finely grate the zest and squeeze the juice from the remaining orange. Mix the orange zest into the stuffing, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and spoon over the salmon fillet on the baking sheet. Place the remaining salmon fillet skinned side down over the stuffing. Arrange the reserved orange slices over the top. Tie at intervals with string.
- Mix together the orange juice and whole cranberry sauce and spoon over the salmon
- Cover with foil and roast for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and roast for a further 25 minutes.
Recipe from Ocean Spray.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A fruity and healthy roast, packed with flavour
2 x 550g/ 1lb 4oz skinned, salmon fillets Salt and freshly ground black pepper Large knob of butter 1 small onion, finely diced 50g/2oz basmati rice 50g/2oz fresh white breadcrumbs 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill 1 egg yolk 85g/3oz dried cranberries 2 oranges 4 tbsp whole cranberry sauce
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a