- Using a pair of scissors cut each sausage in half. Gently force out the sausage meat. With wet hands roll the sausage meat into small compact balls the size of walnuts.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add half the olive oil. Cook the meatballs for 3-4 minutes on each side until they are sealed. Push the meatballs to one side of the pan so that you do not crush them when you add the further ingredients.
- Add the rest of the olive oil. Then add the onions, peppers and garlic, paprika and the tinned tomatoes. Cook for a further 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and paprika and bring to the boil and simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes.
- Add the drained cannellini beans and stir in the tomato puree. Cook for a further 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Serve with a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
Recipes from Slim.Fast
There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday
You could replace the cannellini beans with butter beans as both are a good source of fibre
450g pork sausages 1 tbsp. olive oil 1 large red onion chopped 2 red or yellow peppers deseeded and sliced 2 cloves garlic, crushed 2-3 tsp. paprika to taste 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 2x 400g tin cannellini beans, drained 1 tbsp tomato puree Small bunch parsley, chopped
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: 594 Cals, 34g Fat, 11.2g Sat Fat