- Peel the pear and chop into quarters, remove the core and discard. Add the pear and coconut milk to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the oats in a medium sized saucepan and pour over the coconut milk and pear mixture.
- Scrape the vanilla seeds from the half vanilla pod and add to the porridge and warm over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Roughly mash the raspberries and blueberries with a fork.
- Spoon the porridge into bowls, spoon the mashed berries on top and stir into the porridge to create a swirl effect. Sprinkle over the pomegranate and chia seeds and finish with a drizzle of honey if desired.
Recipe from Alpro.
For more New Year's recipes, grab the latest copy of Yours magazine.
Coconut milk is good for those who are lactose intolerant and adds a lovely flavour
500ml Alpro Oat Original or regular coconut milk 90g porridge oats 1 ripe pear ½ vanilla pod 1 tbsp. chia seeds 60g raspberries 30g blueberries 1 tbsp. pomegranate seeds 1 tbsp. honey, optional
Time: 12 mins Serves: 2 Nutrition: n/a