- Peel half of the onion, shell the borlotti beans, and peel and cut the carrots, onion and celery into large rough chunks.
- Place the onion, beans, carrots, celery and salt in a pan, cover with water and bring to boil, then cook over medium heat for 1 hour.
- Once cooked, blend in a food processor or using a hand blender.
- In a saucepan add the olive oil and the remaining diced onion, and chopped garlic with 20g (oz) of butter and passata, cooking over a low heat for 5 mins.
- Add the tomato mixture to the vegetable sauce followed by the rice, white wine and broth and cook until the rice is tender.
- Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the remaining butter and grated Parmesan cheese. Season as required and serve while hot.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Keep celery sticks fresher for longer by wrapping them in foil and storing in the fridge. They should keep for a few weeks
1 medium onion, cut in half, one half diced 250g (9oz) of fresh borlotti beans 1 medium carrot, cut in chunks 1/2 a celery stick, cut in chunks 1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil 2 cloves of garlic 40g (1 1/2 oz) of butter 200g (7oz) passata 500g (1lb2oz) of Arborio rice 100ml (4floz) of white wine 1 litre (1floz) of vegetable broth or stock 20g (3/4oz) of Parmesan cheese, grated Salt and pepper to taste
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: 675 Cals, 14g Fat, 7g Sat Fat