- Heat the oil in a large pot or pan over a medium heat and then add the chicken pieces and brown for 2 to 3 minutes, before adding the chorizo sausage and sautéing for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the onions, garlic and red pepper, and sauté for a few minutes until the chorizo sausage releases red oil and the vegetables have softened slightly.
- Add the rice and mix thoroughly and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to coat it all in oil.
- Add the stock, paprika and thyme and place a lid on the pot. Simmer over a very low heat, with the lid on, for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and tender and the rice is soft and has absorbed all the liquid. (Can also be cooked in the oven, for 1 hour, at 180C/350F/Gas mark 4)
- Adjust the seasoning and gently fluff up the rice and mix all the vegetables and chicken through, before adding the olives and the chopped thyme.
- Serve immediately, setting the pot on the table, with crusty bread and salad if you like.
Recipe from HouseTrip designed specifically for families staying in holiday rentals this summer.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Cook a complete meal in a pan with chicken thighs or breasts, tinned red peppers, chorizo, onions, tomatoes and rice
2 tablespoons olive oil 8 boneless and skinless chicken thighs or 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts 150g spicy chorizo sausage, peeled and cut into slices 1 large Spanish onion, peeled and roughly diced 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely diced Half a 450g jar of red peppers, drained and chopped 200g long-grain white rice, rinsed under cold water 450mls chicken or vegetable stock 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika ½ teaspoon dried thyme Salt and pepper 12 black olives Fresh thyme to garnish
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a