- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. In a small, ovenproof frying pan heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the onion, diced pepper, cumin, paprika, cinnamon and clove. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and garlic and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil then leave to simmer for 5 minutes so it reduces slightly.
- Make a well in the centre of the sauce and crack in an egg.
- Place the whole frying pan into the oven and bake for 10- 15 minutes until the egg white has set.
- Top with any desired garnishes and serve immediately with tortilla chips for dipping.
This recipe is from Izy Hossack. Manomasa Manchego & Green Olive Chips tortilla chips are available to purchase from Ocado, Whole Foods and Waitrose for £2. For more information head here.
For more breakfast recipes that will keep you warm throughout the day, grab the latest copy of Yours, out every fortnight.
Spicy eggs are fast becoming a breakfast favourite and also make a brilliant Saturday brunch
1 tbsp olive oil 1/2 red onion sliced 1/2 red bell pepper diced 1/2 tsp ground cumin 1/4 tsp sweet smoked paprika 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon Pinch of ground cloves 200g chopped tomatoes 1 garlic clove, minced 1 egg Manomasa White Cheddar Chips To serve: sprig of fresh coriander 1 avocado dollop of sour cream
Time: 5 mins Serves: 1 Nutrition: n/a