- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7. Prick the potatoes several times with a fork and place in the oven for 45-60 mins they are cooked through and have crisp skins.
- When the potatoes are near the end of cooking, put the bacon on a wire rack over a baking tray and put in the oven to cook for 10-12 mins until golden. Remove and cut into small pieces.
- When the potatoes are cooked, switch the oven to the grill and set at high.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the potato flesh into a large bowl. Add the butter or marge and mash with a fork. Gently mix in the bacon pieces, half of the cheese, sweetcorn, spring onions, chilli powder and, for an interesting variation, cinnamon. Spoon back into the potato skins and scatter over the remaining cheese.
- Sit the filled potatoes on a baking sheet and put under the hot grill for about 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- This dish is delicious if served with an avocado salsa. To make the salsa, simply mix everything together and season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Recipe from www.goldfromflora.com
Enjoy these Mexican baked potatoes for either lunch or dinner and seve them with salsa for that extra bite!
4 baking potatoes 4 rashers smoked back bacon 25g (1oz) butter or marge 100g (4oz) mature cheddar cheese, grated 100g (4oz) cooked sweetcorn 4 spring onions, chopped 1 tsp mild chilli powder or paprika For the salsa: 2 ripe avocados peeled and cut into 1cm dice 100g (4oz) cherry tomatoes, quartered 4 spring onions, chopped Juice of ½ lime 1 tbsp olive oil
Time: 15 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 607 cals Fat 37g (sat fat 14g)