- Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, a good pinch of sea salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper in a medium bowl and add the chicken, cut into large chunks.
- Cover, and allow to marinate chilled for at least 2 hours.
- While you're waiting for the barbecue to heat up soak the skewers in cold water. This will prevent them catching fire while you're trying to barbecue.
- When the barbecue is ready to cook, divide the chicken pieces between the three skewers, and cook, turning occasionally until the chicken is cooked through.
- Baste the chicken, using a pastry brush with the leftover marinade every few minutes to make sure the chicken keeps moist and has maximum flavour.
From Sainsbury's Freedom Foodie campaign. Recipe developed by Rachel Phipps.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This flavoursome chicken has a real kick and would be great for a tasty dinner from the BBQ or for adding to a healthy salad
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tbsp Runny Honey Zest + Juice of 1 Large Lemon 2 Chicken Breasts Sea Salt Freshly Ground Black Pepper 3 Wooden Barbecue Skewers
Time: 10 mins Serves: 2 Nutrition: n/a