- If using wooden kebab sticks, soak them in water before using so they don’t burn on the bbq.
- In a small frying pan, toast the cumin seeds for a minute or two until they become fragrant, take care not to burn them.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice and oil and season well.
- Tip the veg and halloumi into a large bowl, pour over the dressing and combine well to coat.
- Thread the veg and cheese onto kebab sticks, reserving any dressing left in the bowl.
- Cook for 4-5 mins on each side the BBQ or under the grill, until the cheese is browned and crisp on the outside and the veg is cooked.
- Pour the reserved dressing onto a serving plate. Once cooked turn the kebabs on the serving plate to soak up the remaining dressing.
Recipe from www.lovebeetroot.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
The infused beetroot in this recipe provides a quick and easy way to add extra flavour and colour
1 tsp cumin seeds ½ lime juiced 1tbsp olive oil 200g (7oz) Halloumi, torn into bite sized chunks 4 cumin & Pomegranate Infused Beetroot, cut into quarters 4 spring onions, cut into 3cm battens 1 small courgette, sliced into disks 4 kebab sticks
Time: 10 mins Serves: 2 Nutrition: n/a