- Brush both sides of the bread with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in an oven preheated to 200’C for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over a low–medium heat. Gently fry the onion with salt and pepper, cumin and chilli until soft. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon into a bowl. Mix with the lemon juice.
- Return the pan to the heat and fry the egg until the white is set but the yolks are still runny.
- Place toast on a serving dish, dollop a dessert spoon of yoghurt on top then top with the spicy fried onions, followed by the egg.
- Sprinkle with mint and serve immediately.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A delicious brunch and an interesting way to serve fried eggs
1 Slice Genius white bread 2 tea spoons extra virgin olive oil 1 Large red onion, halved and thinly sliced Juice of ½ a lemon 20g Butter diced 1 Egg 80ml Greek yoghurt 1 Clove garlic peeled and finely chopped ½ tsp Ground cumin Sprinkle of dried chilli flakes ½ Tbs of roughly chopped mint, leaves
Time: 10 mins Serves: 1 Nutrition: n/a