- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6, 200°C, 400°F
- Roll pastry on floured board about the size of a large baking tray (32 x 38cm)
- The centre 10cm of the pastry is for the filling & each side of this will be the plait area.
- Spoon the cranberry sauce onto the centre area of pastry and spread out, allowing space for the ‘plaits.’ Top the sauce with half of the sausage meat – roughly spreading out – using clean hands.
- Place the hard boil eggs along the sausage meat end to end. Using the remaining sausagemeat roughly cover each egg with a little sausagemeat.
- Now cut parallel, diagonal slits either side of the sausage in the pastry about 1cm apart.
- Lightly brush with egg wash and then plait/fold the strips alternatively over one another – covering the eggs and sausage. Seal at the top and bottom by tucking and pinching the pastry. Brush the finished plait liberally with the egg wash.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake in a preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes until pastry is risen and golden.
- Serve hot or cold in a picnic or as a snack with heaps of seasonal salad.
This delicious recipe was made using happy eggs. The happy egg co. are committed to providing the highest possible standard of welfare for their hens, with the belief that happier hens lay tastier eggs. For more mouth-watering recipes, visit www.thehappyegg.co.uk
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Perfect for serving on Boxing day or as an alternative to turkey Chrsitmas Day
8 Chunky Pork sausages, skins removed 500g All-butter puff pastry 30ml (2tbsp) Cranberry sauce 5 eggs, hard boiled 1egg, beaten mixed with a little milk
Time: 20 mins Serves: 6-8 Nutrition: n/a