- Melt the butter and oil in a large saucepan.
- Gently fry the onions and parsnips for about 15 minutes, or until the onions are softened.
- Add the garlic and pumpkin and cook for a further two minutes not forgetting to stir regularly.
- Pour over the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the parsnips are very soft.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Blend the mixture in a food processor until smooth. Stir in the almond milk and add a little extra if you like. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Recipe from Blue Diamond.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A great use for any leftover harvest vegetables
25g butter 1 tbsp sunflower oil 2 medium onions, chopped 600g parsnips, cut into 2cm/1in pieces 2 garlic cloves, crushed 600g pumpkin, peeled, quartered and cut into chunks 1 litre vegetable or chicken stock 150ml unsweetened almond milk Flaked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 2 Nutrition: n/a