- Put the onions, carrot and stock into a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 20-25 minutes, until tender.
Add the low-fat soft cheese and half the chives or parsley.
- Blend until smooth. Gradually add most of the grated cheese, stirring until melted.
- Reheat gently and season to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with croutons, herbs and remaining cheese.
© The British Cheese Board, www.britishcheese.com
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Cool and store in a covered container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months
2 large onions, chopped 1 carrot, chopped 900ml (1pt) vegetable stock 100g (3oz) low-fat soft cheese 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives or parsley 75g (3oz) Double Gloucester, Red Leicester or Cheddar cheese, finely grated 50g (2oz) croutons Freshly ground black pepper
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 255 cals, 11g fat, 7g sat fat