- Take the cod and pile a quarter of the watercress along the top of the two fillets (reserving the rest for later) along with the chilli and garlic.
- Carefully wrap the cod and its topping in the slices of Parma ham. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cod is cooked through.
- Bring 360ml of water to the boil. Add the brown rice, stir and leave to simmer for 15- 20 mins until the water is all absorbed and the rice cooked.
- Add the onion, tomato and olives to a hot pan and lightly sauté. Once the rice is cooked, add to the pan and mix together, adding pepper to taste.
- Spoon some of the brown rice mixture onto a plate. Place the remaining watercress on top. Remove the cod from the oven and place on top.
Recipe from www.watercress.co.uk.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Cod is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins B12 and B6 and niacin – all extremely good for the heart
250g cod (or other sustainable white fish) 85g (1 bag) watercress 2 cloves of garlic, peeled 1 green chilli, chopped 2 slices of Parma ham 2 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar 150g brown rice 1 small red onion, diced 50g sundried tomatoes, chopped 50g black olives, stoned and chopped Black pepper
Time: 10 minutes Serves: 2 Nutrition: 602 Cals, 31g Fat, 4.9g Sat Fat