- Place the nuts in the blender or food processor and process until fine. Add the remaining ingredients for the base and process until it starts to bind together.
- Press into a 20cm / 8inch spring form cake tin and chill in the fridge.
- For the filling place the cashew nuts in the food processor and process to break up until fine. Add the remaining ingredients for the filling to the food processor and blend until smooth and creamy
- Spread the filling over the crust and smooth the top.
- For the vanilla cream simply blend up all the ingredients until smooth. Add enough water to form a pourable sauce. Pour into a squeezy bottle.
- For the coulis blend all the ingredients and strain through a sieve. Pour into another bottle.
- To serve cut a slice of the torte and drizzle over a little cream and coulis to serve.
Recipe from Award Winning Nutritionist and Chef Christine Bailey, www.christinebailey.co.uk.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Rich and indulgent this is an amazing torte – perfect for a special occasion. By using frozen sweet cherries in the filling you can also keep the added sugar content low
For the base: 125g pecans 100g almonds 1tsp goji berry powder, optional 1tsp vanilla extract 125g raisins, goji berries or soft dates chopped 1 tablespoon coconut oil Filling: 200g cashew nuts 30g coconut syrup 50g xylitol 1tbsp vanilla extract 100g raw cacao powder 150g grated cacao butter, melted 50g coconut butter, melted Juice of 1 lemon 200g cherries frozen defrosted with juice For the vanilla cashew cream: 100g / 3/4 cup cashews, soaked 1 tbsp coconut oil 2 tbsp xylitol 1tbsp Vanilla extract Water or coconut water to blend For the cherry coulis: 100g / 1 cup cherries, pitted (or any berry) 2 tsp xylitol or raw Manuka honey 1 tsp lemon juice Pinch sea salt
Time: 30 minutes Serves: 2-6 Nutrition: n/a