- Mix all the ingredients for the burger together and divide into 6 patties. Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Fry the Burgers over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes, turning halfway through to ensure they are browned on both sides (for BBQ turn half way through).
- Place on a baking tray and transfer to a preheated oven at (180oc for 10-15 minutes or until cooked thoroughly).
- Pour the oil into a heavy based pan and heat to 180oc (the pan should be no more than 1/ 3 full).
- Whisk together the flour and water to form a batter and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat a small batch of onion rings in batter.
- Lower into the hot oil and deep-fry until crisp and golden (about 2 - 3 minutes). Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a piece of kitchen towel to drain.
- Repeat with the remaining onions and batter. Once cooked, sprinkle with sea salt.
- To assemble the burgers, toast the bun and then spread the base with mayonnaise, a slice of tomato and 2 leaves of lettuce. Then add the burger, cheese and onion ring before spreading the top bun with chipotle and cola sauce and adding the top bun.
Recipe from Tabasco®.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These burgers are really more-ish and great for a party
For the burger: 500g minced beef 1 medium onion, finely diced or grated 70g breadcrumbs 60g Sweet Chipotle & Cola Sauce Pinch of salt 1Tbsp vegetable oil For the onion rings: Vegetable oil for deep frying 300g self-raising flour + extra to dust 200g sparkling water 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced in rings, 1cm thick Sea salt for sprinkling Salt and pepper to taste To assemble: 6 dessert spoon mayonnaise 1 beef tomato, sliced 1 Baby Gem lettuce 6 dessert spoon Tabasco chipotle and cola sauce and marinade 6 burger buns (brioche if available) 6 sliced Monterey Jack Cheese
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a