- Pre heat the oven to 180?C, Gas mark 4.
- Heat the oil in an oven proof pan. Once hot add the sausages and whole shallots and gently colour all over.
- Remove the sausages and shallots from the pan and add the diced carrot. Cook for a couple of minutes then add the garlic and tomato purée. Add the beans, cooked lentils and stock along with the sprig of thyme.
- Return the sausages and shallots to the pan bring back to the boil and then place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Some of the stock will be absorbed by the beans and lentils to give a thick consistency.
- Once out of the oven take the red chilli from the freezer and grate all over to garnish.
- Serve with creamy mash or alternatively with chunky bread and a thick sour cream, cucumber and mint sauce.
Recipe from lovepork.co.uk in celebration of British Sausage Week which begins on November 3.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Spicy sausages and shallots make for a warming, simple-to-make casserole
3x15mslp (3tbsp) oil 400g (14oz) pork and chilli sausages 200g (7oz) baby shallots, peeled 1 large carrot, diced 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed 1x5mlsp (1tsp) tomato purée 1 Small can of cannellini beans 200g (7oz) puy lentils, cooked 300ml (11floz) stock Sprig of thyme 1 red chilli (freeze to grate over the finished dish)
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a