- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish, or heavy based saucepan.
- Add the beef and cook until browned, breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon.
- Add the onions, garlic, fresh chilli and cocoa powder and cook on a medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree, canned tomatoes, water and crumble in the stock cube. Stir well and add the carrots, sliced mushrooms and kidney beans.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer over a low heat for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the lid and cook for 10 minutes to allow the chilli to thicken slightly
Recipe from Canned Food UK.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with tortilla chips, guacamole and cheddar for a tasty, warming dinner
500g beef mince 300g onions 400g tomatoes 300g sliced carrots 290g sliced mushrooms 420g kidney beans 2 tbsp olive oil 2 garlic cloves, crushed 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped 1-2 tsp chilli powder 1 heaped tsp cocoa powder 1 tbsp tomato puree 1 (400ml) water 1 beef stock cube
Time: 1hr 35 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: 302 Cals, 14.9g Fat, 3.9g Sat Fat