500g (17oz) of chicken breast, chopped into squares
2 zucchini, cut into halves
1 tsp of oregano
1 tsp of thyme
30ml (1oz) of extra virgin olive oil
250ml (8oz) of Greek yoghurt
½ a fresh cucumber
2 tsp of lemon juice
2 chopped garlic cloves
1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp of paprika
3 fresh mint leaves
Salt and pepper (optional)
- To make the tzatziki Grate the ½ cucumber. Dice a few mint leaves.
- Pour the Greek yoghurt into a serving bowl, adding the grated cucumber. Stir in the chopped garlic and the paprika. Pour in a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, and add the diced mint leaves.
- Add a little extra flavour with a small amount of salt and pepper if you feel it needs it.
- To make the chicken skewers coat the chicken with a thin layer of olive oil. Grill chicken pieces separately on low heat for 15 minutes (or until cooked through). Add some salt, oregano and thyme for flavour.
- While the chicken is cooking, cut the zucchini into thin strips.
- Once the chicken is ready, remove it from the heat. Do not turn grill off yet.
- Roll zucchini strips and place each slice on a skewer with a piece of chicken breast. Repeat until skewer is full.
- Place the skewer on the heat for two minutes for zucchini to brown slightly. Add any more oregano and thyme to flavour the zucchini.
- Remove from skewer and serve with tzatziki.
- For more delicious recipes get the latest copy of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday
This super-easy dish is great for your health!
Time: 20 mins