- In a large bowl, place the flour and make a well in the middle of it with your fist. Add the salt and yeast to the well and then add half of the warm water and all of the oil.
- Stir together with a spatula, in a circle of eight motion, bringing the dough together and adding the remaining water gradually to make a dry dough ball. You may not need all of the water.
- Knead the ball of dough, by folding it into itself with one hand, continuously, for 10 mins.
- Leave in the bowl and cover with oiled cling film, then stand in a warm place for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour the dough should be twice its size. Knock the air out of the dough by punching it with your fist, then place on a floured work surface.
- Roll out into a large circle to just over fit your pizza tray by about 5cm (2 1/2 in) or cut in half and roll out two smaller pizzas to fit a baking tray, again making them slightly bigger than the tray.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Around the edge or edges of the pizza, sprinkle around 100g of the cheese and then drizzle 1 tbsp Branston Pickle over it. Pull the dough over the cheese and pickle, folding over and then pinch in to seal and form the crust.
- Spread the remaining Branston Pickle on the base of the pizza or pizzas and top with the remaining cheese, garlic, pancetta and basil. Bake for 25-30 mins, until golden. Top with rocket and serve.
Recipe from www.bringoutthebranston.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
If you love cheese and pickle sandwiches you'll love this pizza!
500g (1lb 2oz) strong flour Pinch of sea salt 7g fast action yeast 250ml (1/2 pt) warm water 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 350g (12oz) Pilgrims Choice Lighter Mature, crumbled or grated cheese 5 tbsp Branston Pickle 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced 60g (2oz) smoked pancetta slices 100g (4oz) cherry tomatoes, sliced 15g (1/2 oz) fresh basil, shredded 70g(3oz)rocket Ground black pepper
Time: 25 mins Serves: 2-4 Nutrition: n/a