- Mix together the breadcrumbs, Pilgrims Choice Farmhouse Vintage cheese, leek, parsley and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk and mix thoroughly, adding enough milk to bind the mixture together, but so it’s not too sticky.
- Divide the mixture into 8 and shape into sausages.
- Beat the remaining egg white on a plate with a fork until frothy, dip the sausages in the egg white, then roll in the flour to coat.
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan and shallow fry the sausages for 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with potato wedges and spring cabbage and a good dollop of garlic mayonnaise.
Recipe from www.pilgrimschoice.com
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These delicious cheesy sausages are ideal for veggies!
175g (6oz) fresh white breadcrumbs 100g (4oz) Farmhouse Vintage cheddar cheese, grated 1 small leek, washed and finely chopped 15ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh parsley 1 tsp of wholegrain mustard Salt & pepper 2 eggs, separated (keeping the white from 1 of the eggs for coating) About 2-3 tbsp full fat milk Plain flour for coating 15ml (1 tbsp) sunflower oil 15g (½ oz) butter
Time: 15 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a