- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tbsp butter. In a bowl, beat the flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, egg and buttermilk until smooth.
- Stir in the melted butter. Allow to stand for 10 mins. Melt a little of the remaining butter in a small frying pan.
- Add 2 tbsp batter and fry for 2 mins. Turn, top with some banana slices and almonds and cook for 2 mins.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat until you have 12 pancakes and a few banana slices and almonds left over.
- Form into 4 stacks of 3 pancakes, top with the remaining banana and almonds and drizzle with maple syrup or honey.
- Recipe from recipes-plus.co.uk
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These buttermilk pancakes are great for breakfast or dessert
4 tbsp butter 150g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 egg 175 ml buttermilk 2 small bananas, peeled and sliced 2 tbsp flaked almonds 4 tbsp maple syrup or runny honey
Time: 30 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a