- Preheat the oven to 200/180/gas 6.
- Scrub the potatoes well and prick a couple of times with a fork.
- Arrange on a baking tray and bake for about 40 minutes until soft all the way through when pierced with a sharp knife.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, make the dressing by mixing together the sour cream and chives in a small bowl.
- Season to taste with mustard, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- When the potatoes are cooked, cut down the middle and open up a little.
- Divide the beetroot between the potatoes and scatter over the ham. Finally, drizzle over the dressing before serving immediately.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This baked sweet potato will warm you up and keep you going right through the afternoon
4 large sweet potatoes 2 x 150g beetroot, cut into wedges 180g shredded ham hock for the dressing: 170ml tub sour cream a small bunch of chives, snipped 1-2 tsp english mustard, to taste Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a