- Mix the olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, chilli and sugar in a small bowl.
- Use half to brush over both sides of the steaks.
- Add the Tenderstem, onion, red and yellow peppers to a mixing bowl and stir through the other half of the marinade.
- Set aside for 15 minutes whilst you make the guacamole and salsa.
- Make the guacamole by slicing the avocados in half and removing the stone, scooping out the flesh and mashing with a fork in a small bowl.
- Stir through the garlic, sour cream and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Make the salsa by mixing the tomatoes, coriander, lime juice, chilli (if using) garlic and sugar.
- When you are ready to eat, place a large frying pan over a high heat.
- When it is hot, add a drizzle of olive oil and let it get hot for a few seconds before adding both steaks.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side, depending on how well done you like your steak. Set aside on a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Add the vegetables to the frying pan, season with a little salt and pepper to taste and stir fry over a high heat for around 5 minutes until they are cooked but still with plenty of bite. Turn off the heat.
- Slice the steaks thinly across the grain and return to the pan, stirring briefly to mix together before tipping into a warmed serving dish.
- Serve the filling, salsa, guacamole, cheese and sour cream in separate bowls at the table for everyone to build their own wrap.
Recipe from www.Tenderstem.co.uk
You can replace the beef with pork tenderloin strips, or chicken breast strips
For the filling: 3 tbsp olive oil 3 cloves garlic, crushed 2-3 tsp ground cumin 1-2 tsp paprika a pinch or two of chilli powder, to taste (optional) 1 tsp caster sugar 2 rump steaks, about 500-600g total 300g Tenderstem, each stem cut into 3 1 onion, thinly sliced 1 red pepper, sliced 1 yellow pepper, sliced For the guacamole: 2 ripe avocados 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed 1 tbsp sour cream juice ½ lime salt & freshly ground black pepper For the salsa: 150g cherry tomatoes, finely chopped 1 small bunch coriander, leaves & fine stalks finely chopped juice of 1 lime 1 red chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (optional) 1 clove garlic, crushed 1 tsp caster sugar To serve: a handful of grated cheddar cheese 2-3 tbsp sour cream 6-8 tortilla wraps, warmed in the microwave or oven
Time: 30 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 826 cals, 38.6g fat, sat fat 1.5g