- Prepare the asparagus by peeling the stalks and removing the hard lower part, about 2.5 cm.
- Bring a large shallow pan of water to a steady simmer. Add the asparagus and simmer for 4 minutes until bright green and just tender. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Wrap two asparagus spears in each slice of Parma ham and place on a foil-lined grill tray.
- Mix the butter and Parmesan cheese and season with black pepper. Dot the Parmesan mixture all over the wrapped asparagus then grill under a hot grill for 4 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling.
- Mix the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and use half to dress the rocket. Arrange the salad in the centre of four serving plates then top each with two bundles of asparagus.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing around the salad.
Recipe from Aldo Zilli’s Zilli Light.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
When in season, asparagus is great with salty Parma ham and cheese – a fantastic combination for any time of day
16 large asparagus spears 8 slices Parma ham 25 g butter, softened 25 g Parmesan cheese, grated Freshly ground black pepper 2 tablespoons olive oil 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 75 g bag of rocket
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a