- 150g (5oz) digestive biscuits
- 25g (1oz) desiccated coconut
- 50g (2oz) butter, melted
- 2 x 180g packs soft cheese
- 250g (9oz) tub Quark
- 4 medium free range eggs
- 25g (1oz) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 160ml can coconut cream
- 200g (7oz)cherries, pitted
- 25g (1oz) fresh coconut chunks, thinly sliced with a vegetable peeler
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Place the biscuits in a food processor to make into fine crumbs. Mix well with the desiccated coconut and butter, and press into a 20cm round loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Whisk the soft cheese, Quark, eggs, sugar, vanilla and coconut cream in a large bowl, and pour over the crumb base. Roughly chop half the cherries and scatter over the top with the coconut slices.
- Bake for 1-1¼ hours until golden on top but still with a slight wobble. Remove from the oven and cool completely in the tin. Remove from the tin and place on a platter. Serve topped with whole cherries and shavings of toasted coconut, if you wish.
Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus cooling
Nutrition: 424 calories, 12.1g sugar, 30.8g fat, 0.8g salt (sat fat 19.1g)
For even more indulgence, use a third pack of soft cheese in place of the Quark. Serve with scoop of ice cream and enjoy!