- 115g (4 oz) old fashioned rolled oats
- 40g (1.5 oz) flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp golden linseeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 35g (1.2 oz) unsweetened whole grain-puffed cereal
- 160g (5.5 oz)dried cherries
- 80g (3 oz) chopped dried apricots
- 50g (1.7 oz) good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100g (3.5 oz) crunchy almond butter
- 80g (3 oz) coconut sugar
- 125g (4.5 oz) agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Generous pinch of sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease an 8 inch square baking pan with oil.
- Mix together rolled oats, flaked almonds, linseeds and sesame seeds. Place ona baking tray and bake for 5-8 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Shake the pan halfway through to ensure even browning. Allow oat mixture to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, in large bowl, combine cereal, dried cherries, dried apricots, dark chocolate. Now add the oat mixture and combine together.
- In a small saucepan combine almond butter, sugar, agave ,vanilla extract and salt. Cook over medium heat until the mixture begins to bubble and the coconut sugar has dissolved. This should take 3-4 minutes.
- Allow liquid to cool for 5 minutes and then pour mixture over the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula.
- Transfer the mixture to your baking tray. Put some oil on your hands and press the mixture down firmly to create an even layer.
- Refrigerate until firm, this should take about 30 minutes. Once firm, cut into 8 bars.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Makes: 8 bars
Nutrition: 365.4 calories, 4.6g sugar, 13.0g fat, 44.1g sugar, 187.3 mg salt (2.2g saturated fat)