If you have the time, why not add a pretty pom pom trim for some extra detail?
- Oilcloth fabric
- Basic sewing kit – scissors, needle and thread etc.
- Sewing machine
- Polyester filling
- Use a standard sized dinner plate to draw and draw two circles. Add an inch around the entire circle for the seam allowance and cut out both out.
- Place your two pieces right sides together and pin and/or tack around the edge. Tack around between the line drawn and the edge of the fabric, allowing approx. 1/2 inch for the seam.
- On your sewing machine, stitch around the seam, leaving a decent opening of approx. 3 inches. As the material is quite stiff you’ll need this to push it through.
- Cut some little triangles around the circumference to reduce bulk on the seams and to give you a more rounded edge. Turn out the cushion. Fill with polyester stuffing and finally stitch up the gap by hand.
Project courtsey of ao.com
For more crafting projects, grab the latest copy of Yours magazine.