- A clear plastic bottle
- A funnel
- Vegetable oil
- Food colouring
- Alka-Seltzer or vitamin tablets with also contain citric acid and bicarbonate of soda
How to make:
- Using a funnel to avoid spillages, fill a quarter of a plastic bottle with water.
- Fill the bottle almost up to the top with vegetable oil.
- Wait for the oil and water to separate. The oil will rise to the top while the water will collect at the bottom.
- Add about 10 drops of food colouring. You will see the drops fall through the oil and start mixing with the water below.
- Break a fizzy tablet into about eight pieces. When you throw one in, it will bubble taking the food colouring along with it, creating crazy shapes.
- Whenever it stops, just keep adding another piece of the tablet to get more swirly patterns.
Craft project from Flora Buttery.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.