Skip to content

Forums

• Read updates on Forum functionality

> Service Annoucements

• Please give us feedback, report problems or suggest improvements. Please remember to include the URL of the page. 

>
SEND US AN EMAIL

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

You are in... Forums > General Chat Forum > Come on in > Hosepipe Ban To Start On Thursday

Go to most recent reply

LITTLE-ONE

Mar 09

LITTLE-ONE says:

Hosepipe Ban To Start On Thursday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17340844

Why is it as soon as the Sun  appears all the water has gone? 
Flaminh heck how will we cope in the Summer, stand pipes for all? Buying water from the shops etc.

Isabel from Exeter Devon You are never alone when you are on here :)

Reply to this Topic 

margt

May 08

margt says:

Re: Hosepipe Ban To Start On Thursday

I agree Isabel. What baffles me is that our reservoirs are 97% full (here in Yorkshire) yet a drought has been officially declared - no hosepipe ban as yet though.  Love Margxx

Reply to this Topic 

Josieanne

Jun 07

Josieanne says:

we save all our washing water to put on garden to save money as have a water meter 

Reply to this Topic 

olivette

Aug 11

olivette says:

The way things are going with this water business I can see we are going to have shared baths again, Dad first then Mum,kids following, the dog then if not too bad, the washing up.  Joyful, I'll be ok only 2 of us...........

Reply to this Topic 

mallcum

Mar 12

mallcum says:

dont need to wash the plates , just let the dog lick them clean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic 

Euchea

Mar 07

Euchea says:

We are not affected in Wales yet ,Isabel but if we continue to have this dry weather ,it might not be long until we are ,Wendy

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic 

olivette

Aug 11

olivette says:

mallcum said:

dont need to wash the plates , just let the dog lick them clean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did say I would love to come along to your barbie, but having read this latest effort. I think I will pass on that.  I usually put all my washing up in with the washing machine, clean clothes, clean dishes, all in one go, now that is labour saving.

Reply to this Topic 

ellieni

May 08

ellieni says:

Although we have no water shortage, in N.Ireland  or water meters,  (it is all in with our rates  ), I  have always been  careful, with water.   I think it is very precious. 

I live alone, and gather up, my washing, for every third week.  In between, I do hand washing. As regards hosepipes, most of my garden is containers now, so just use the watering can.  I must say, I am concerned when I see the dried up rivers and so on, in south east England.    Ellie

Reply to this Topic 

Fuchsialady

Feb 07

Fuchsialady says:

amazing isnt it, a few short weeks of sun and we are soon to be banned from watering our plants.Older folks cant always carry much water to save plants anyway.

A friend in Australia lives where they havent had rain for 5 years and yet they never have banns .Lately though they have had a lot of rains and he said all the underground lakes are now full again and water is running cleaner.How come they can carry on for five years and we cant manage five sodding weeks.

Fuchsialady

Reply to this Topic 

MARJI

Jul 09

MARJI says:

We have lived in Sth Aust. for 51/2 yrs and this is the first summer that we have not had extreme water restrictions. Up until now we have only been allowed to use the hose on alternate days, at certain hours and only for a short time. Senior citizens could get a permit to allow them to water at other times, the government recognising they may not want to be outside early morning or late at night. This applied to winter as well. This year the draught has broken and restictions eased but I am pretty sure we still can;t use a hose for things like washing the car.  The state government has spent billions building a desalination plant and now it may not be used for a few years until there is another draught.

Marion....Wynyard. Tasmania

Reply to this Topic 

Page

Post a message in Come on in

To post a reply to this topic, please Log In.

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to our terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. Read full terms of use

Receive our newsletter