Skip to content

Forums

• Read updates on Forum functionality

> Service Annoucements

• Please give us feedback, report problems or suggest improvements. Please remember to include the URL of the page. 

>
SEND US AN EMAIL

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

You are in... Forums > General Chat Forum > Come on in > Biscuits

Go to most recent reply

harryhayes

Mar 07

harryhayes says:

Biscuits

A friend  - not me you understand - has found that his thin arrowroot biscuit  from the same manufacrurer, will now slip straight into his mug whereas formerly it had to be broken in two.   He thinks of Blue Ribands and Wagon wheels which have also shrunk over the years..

My friend is a peasant and he used to buy broken biscxuits on the cheap.  Now he claims that some factories use too much packing, but his biscuit packets are in wafer thin paper and are often broken when he gets them.

He also read an article in the paper that some biscuits have now lost their taste and crumble immediately they are dunked , due to them using less fat and sugar.

What a moaning devil he is.

Happy days

Does anyone really know what's going on?

Reply to this Topic 

mallcum

Mar 12

mallcum says:

Re: Biscuits

the maunfactures of blue riband and indeed mars bars and all those sort of things do reduce the size of them over the years , this is so they can multi pack them  for sale in supermarkets who demand a pack that can be sold for a certain price , the supermarkets wont pay any more so the manufactures reduce the size to  compensate , biscuits we buy in a tin are they are better value , plus you get what you pay for with biscuits , i agree the cheap ones are all flour

Reply to this Topic 

olivette

Aug 11

olivette says:

Everything is shrinking, especially the money in our purses, so no surprise that biscuits in line with sweet bars are reducing but with the price going up.

Read Mallcum's answer and all I can say that biscuits that are cheaper are not the best quality. but as they are dunked they taste ok.  as in cheap tea then just the dust off the floor, yuk.

Reply to this Topic 

Fuchsialady

Feb 07

Fuchsialady says:

\The o nly biscuits I like dunked are ginger ones ,espeically my home made ones.Yum.

Fuchsialady

Reply to this Topic 

Sheevee

Mar 07

Sheevee says:

I dunk when I eat Rich Tea but rarely with any others.  Don't think the "lite" or "reduced sugar" ever taste the same.

Sheevee Buddy: Cabriole (Carole) Fond memories of "Josephine" a real cool buddy

Reply to this Topic 

MARJI

Jul 09

MARJI says:

We seem to find all kinds of packaged goods are now smaller than they used to be but no cheaper. It is price hiking by deceit.

Marion....Wynyard. Tasmania

Reply to this Topic 

ellieni

May 08

ellieni says:

. I know the manufacturors, are doing this for economy reasons, but apart from that I quite like the mini size, of all these chocolate bars.  

I love the thin  Cadburys ' Little Bars ', you can get now.   Just enough to take the longing away. ,

and not enough to feel guilty about.     Ellie

Reply to this Topic 

aunty

Jul 07

aunty says:

Cadbury`s chocolate eggs are getting smaller too

Reply to this Topic 

Beebee

Nov 06

Beebee says:

I`ve never dunked any biscuits in my life xxx

Reply to this Topic 

lemarstro

Jul 10

lemarstro says:

They seem to be cutting corners with eveyrthing today. My biggest 'beef' is with toilet rolls. The sheets are at least a third smaller and not to put too delicate a point on it, you need twice as many sheets, often doubled to complete 'the job'.  Len.

Remember today is the start of the rest of your life. enjoy it

Reply to this Topic 

HILDAJ1

Nov 06

HILDAJ1 says:

Broken biscuits, now that brings back a lovely memory.

My uncle worked for McVities and often he would visit

us and bring a box of assorted broken biscuits and shortbread.

Oh the delight in finding a whole chocolate digestive was so exciting!!

Reply to this Topic 

Page

Post a message in Come on in

To post a reply to this topic, please Log In.

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to our terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. Read full terms of use

Receive our newsletter