Skip to content

Forums

• Read updates on Forum functionality

> Service Annoucements

• Please give us feedback, report problems or suggest improvements. Please remember to include the URL of the page. 

>
SEND US AN EMAIL

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

You are in... Forums > General Chat Forum > Come on in > re: site problems survey, Please answer

Go to most recent reply

stellapea

Jul 07

stellapea says:

re: site problems survey, Please answer

please tell me which browser you are using  and any problems you are experiencing

I use 2,     Google Chrome & Internet Explorer 8 because I find this site lets me do some things in 1 which it won't let me do in the other

this might be useful to the techies in trying to sort us out (but don't hold your breath too long)

Thanks xx

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Stella (Stockport) xx

Reply to this Topic 

HILDAJ1

Nov 06

HILDAJ1 says:

Re: re: site problems survey, Please answer

No problems I'm glad to say.

I use Firefox all the time......IE is awful and I gave up using it

for any site.

Reply to this Topic 

Teddy1

Jan 07

Teddy1 says:

The White page saying "internet site not available," comes up so often,sometimes, I manage to sneak in through Games.Takes so long to even reach Yours forum unfortunately  (which I enjoy as many of you over the years,I look on you as friends)By the way how is Len doing,how is he coping without Marie?

Don't have this difficult with other forums (thought maybe because OZ time is the opposite time of day from UK,maybe" closed shop," because Tech's working  on Yours.

Why don't some of you come to visit a couple of OZ forum.There's Greypath forum & Peerless seniors.     

Reply to this Topic 

Sally

Nov 06

Sally says:

Hi Teddy, what a lovely post from you, the time difference and what part of the world we are in makes no difference as the internet is global, that's the beauty of it, it's there for us to be in touch at the click of the keys.............nice to see you posting.

"signature

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Margaret South Wales

Reply to this Topic 

sharonreid

Aug 06

sharonreid says:

Hi all

Thanks Stella for trying to gather this extra info for us and thanks everyone for taking the time to answer.

It seems that people using either Firefox or Google chrome are experiencing less problems than those using Internet Explorer – (although I notice a couple of you still are having problems with these browsers too).

I will pass it all on to the tech team and see what they say.

In the meantime I wonder if any of you that are having problems would be willing to try an experiment and download either Firefox or Chrome (both are free) and try the site again for me?

I have no idea if it will make any difference but it might be interesting to try...

I notice a couple of you asked specific queries which I'll try to answer:

blue eyes - the 'time out' should be set to 20 minutes so if you are getting asked to sign in again within that timescale this is one of the symptoms of the problem that quite a few people are experiencing and that we are trying to get to the bottom of

Sally – when problems are reported either directly to me or through the admin email I always pass them on to the tech team. I and the tech team only work Monday to Friday 9-5 so there is no cover evenings and weekends - but personally I do try to deal with things as promptly as I can when I'm back in the office. The tech team look after all the sites within the company so I can't guarantee how prompt their response is. As I've said before the issue here isn't a lack of promptness but simply that despite trying numerous times they haven't been able to replicate any of the problems you describe and until they can do that they can't find the source and therefore the cure. Hopefully by supplying them with this additional information it will give them another possible avenue to pursue.  As you have noticed Yours Shopping is not affected by the problems because it's a different site on a different server

Best wishes

and thanks again for your input

Sharon x

Reply to this Topic 

Sally

Nov 06

Sally says:

sharonreid said

Sally –  As you have noticed Yours Shopping is not affected by the problems because it's a different site on a different server

Best wishes

Sharon x

End quote.......

Thanks Sharon, as I  guessed the Shopping is a different server, I have no problem there, this has answered a lot of what I thought would be the problem.

I have no problems using IE with any other site on the internet they work fine for me so I won't be changing or downloading to Firefox or Google Chrome, as I don't feel that would be to my advantage if it is a Yours server problem.

Thanks again for taking the time to explain, it does make things a lot clearer, thank you.

"signature

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Margaret South Wales

Reply to this Topic 

Teddy1

Jan 07

Teddy1 says:

Sally said:
sharonreid said

Sally –  As you have noticed Yours Shopping is not affected by the problems because it's a different site on a different server

Best wishes

Sharon x

End quote.......

Thanks Sharon, as I  guessed the Shopping is a different server, I have no problem there, this has answered a lot of what I thought would be the problem.

I have no problems using IE with any other site on the internet they work fine for me so I won't be changing or downloading to Firefox or Google Chrome, as I don't feel that would be to my advantage if it is a Yours server problem.

Thanks again for taking the time to explain, it does make things a lot clearer, thank you.

"signature

Lovely to hear from you Sally(only way of posting on this post is to share your post! Love "Teddy" 

Horrible white page  again!Swimming to the UK  from OZ to Yours would be quicker!

Reply to this Topic 

Sheevee

Mar 07

Sheevee says:

Me and my big mouth - or should I say big laptop?  Since saying I have no problems have had a constant succession of having to log in unnecessarily, add subject when there is already a subject and told that my post had to be smaller when it was only a few words!!!

Sheevee Buddy: Cabriole (Carole) Fond memories of "Josephine" a real cool buddy

Reply to this Topic 

stellapea

Jul 07

stellapea says:

Thanks for the reply Sharon I hope the info is helpful to the tech team

Stella (Stockport) xx

Reply to this Topic 

sharonreid

Aug 06

sharonreid says:

Hi all

Shhhh, I don't want to tempt fate by telling you this, but the tech guys think they've found a fix for this problem.

They want to test it before they release it to the site - so we might still be a couple of weeks away from you all seeing the benefit - but I'll keep you posted

And in the meantime I'll be keeping my fingers firmly crossed

Sharon x

Reply to this Topic 

Annie Oakley

Nov 08

Annie Oakley says:

Progress at last.  Let's hope they have finally cracked it. Fingers crossed here too.

Carol

Better to wear out than to rust out.

Reply to this Topic 

Page

Post a message in Come on in

To post a reply to this topic, please Log In.

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to our terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. Read full terms of use

Receive our newsletter