Skip to content

Forums

• Read updates on Forum functionality

> Service Annoucements

• Please give us feedback, report problems or suggest improvements. Please remember to include the URL of the page. 

>
SEND US AN EMAIL

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

You are in... Forums > General Chat Forum > Come on in > Lots of Berries !

Go to most recent reply

Bbabs

Nov 06

Bbabs says:

Lots of Berries !

Just thought I'd show you the Holly tree in my garden. Look at all the berries already. Its always nice, with  lots of dinner for the  Thrush in November, its the only time I ever see these birds and when they have stripped the tree I'll have to wait another 12 months to see them again. The Blackbird eats them too but not as much as the Thrush. This tree was a little tiny cutting my Dad took out of a Woods in Symonds Yat over 40 yrs ago, when I look at it  I think of Dad.......oops forgot the pics had to edit it  lol,  also the Hydrangea

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

1. holly tree 001  
  2. holly tree 002  
  3. holly tree 003  

Babs From Glossop My buddies are in my profile

Reply to this Topic 

dprice

Dec 11

dprice says:

Re: Lots of Berries !

The pictures are really inspiring. I plan to re-arrange my garden in the backyard next spring and I think I want to include some berry bushes, next to the vegetables and of course flowers. I  thought of getting roses, tulips and sunflowers and I have many ideas how to decorate the garden! I thought of using a flower delivery in UK because it's easy, cheap and comfy. I rarely have the time to visit the local shops.

Reply to this Topic 

MAI

Jan 08

MAI says:

I put a post in the gardening room a while ago asking if lots of  holly berries meant a hard winter as my tree was full of berries too,     so it seems they're all over the place

Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be............ Health is Wealth.............. A woman is like a tea bag, you don't know how strong until they are in hot water!

Reply to this Topic 

Bbabs

Nov 06

Bbabs says:

The Holly tree in my garden has always had lots of berries on every year its the same , it must be because of the Thrush's it feeds them from Nov through to Jan. I'll miss seeing them this year, but i bet half the berries are gone by now, must ask our Mandie

Babs From Glossop My buddies are in my profile

Reply to this Topic 

Fuchsialady

Feb 07

Fuchsialady says:

The Cotoneasters in this garden have had thousands of berries on.Every one of them.Most have been dug out though still a couple left in the front and rear where the hens cant get to them.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Fuchsialady

Reply to this Topic 

Page

Post a message in Come on in

To post a reply to this topic, please Log In.

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to our terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. Read full terms of use

Receive our newsletter