Skip to content

Forums

• Read updates on Forum functionality

> Service Annoucements

• Please give us feedback, report problems or suggest improvements. Please remember to include the URL of the page. 

>
SEND US AN EMAIL

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

You are in... Forums > Have your say! > Carer's Discussion forum > Bored and lonely

Go to most recent reply

DianneP

Jan 11

DianneP says:

Bored and lonely

Hello, I’m new to all this so let me introduce myself:

My name is Dianne. I’m 65 years old, not particularly old but to a 17 year old I’m as old as Methuselah’s granny! My husband is 66. We live in the East Midlands. We moved here 18 months ago from Dorset.

My husband suffered a devastating stroke three years ago which left him hospitalised for four months, paralysed down his left side, partially incontinent and with a failing heart. I’m not in the best of health myself. I was reasonably fit, apart from arthritis in my knees and hip before the stroke but since then because of the stress and strains have developed fibromyalgia.

The point is I’m so bored and lonely cooped up in the house all the time. I would love to have an email pen friend who is in similar circumstances and would understand and empathise. Who knows perhaps we could support each other.

Is anyone out there?

Reply to this Topic 

MAI

Jan 08

MAI says:

Re: Bored and lonely

Hi Dianne,  sorry to hear about your husbands  stroke it must have been devasting for you,  if you go into "Come on In" and introduce yourself to everyone you'll soon make some new friends on here we are all very friendly.

Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be............ Health is Wealth.............. A woman is like a tea bag, you don't know how strong until they are in hot water!

Reply to this Topic 

Sally

Nov 06

Sally says:

Hi Dianne, as Mai has already said, if you look in on Come On In there are lots of lovely friendly people chatting away in there and ready to welcome everyone, we spend many hours supporting each other and chatting, you are very welcome, everyone is very friendly..........

"GJ

Margaret South Wales

Reply to this Topic 

DianneP

Jan 11

DianneP says:

Thank you Mai, I'll do that :-)

Reply to this Topic 

DianneP

Jan 11

DianneP says:

Thank you Sally. I look forward to logging onto 'Come on in' :-)

Reply to this Topic 

carolprior

Sep 09

carolprior says:

Hi Dianne, I am new to this site, today in fact and registered because i too am bored and lonely, housebound much of the time as i care for my Son Andy who has severe global developmental delays and at 26 he attends a day centre only 2 days a week. He likes to be in his room and his personal space is sacred, he spends almost all of his time there. I have eaten my way up by over 2 stone since i gave up work to care for andy 24/7, and there are just the 2 of us.I desperately want to lose weight before my 60th birthday in August. the new mini trampoline sits in front of the tv all evening challenging, and i remain in my seat defiant to the end. I used to be a busy NHS employee knowing many people and never thought i would end up so lonely and isolated. ~So please anyone and everyone, dropme aline. Carol from the scottish borders

Reply to this Topic 

Sheevee

Mar 07

Sheevee says:

If you go to Come On In - read the welcome to new members first - then click on start a new topic and introduce yourself - you'll soon have a group of friends ready to chat and make you welcome. 

It can be isolating being at home when everyone else seems to be busy with their own lives. 

Sheevee Buddy: Cabriole (Carole) Fond memories of "Josephine" a real cool buddy

Reply to this Topic 

MAI

Jan 08

MAI says:

Hi Carol,  it's so hard being a carer, I looked after my Mum who had dementia and it isolates you so much,  is there some kind of work you could do from home?   it would be something to take your mind off things, and as your son spends most of his time in his room he would'nt disrupt your work.    Also do go into Come on In as  Sheevee has said and introduce yourself,  you'll soon make lots of new friends,  we're all very friendly.  

Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be............ Health is Wealth.............. A woman is like a tea bag, you don't know how strong until they are in hot water!

Reply to this Topic 

millyfrisk

Oct 11

millyfrisk says:

email friend

hi i m pat, i am a carer to my husband who has heart problems (had a bypass in 2003) wheelchair bound and because of the back problems incontinent. i feel everyday is one big grind from getting up till going to bed. then things like bathroom getting convertided to a shower and cosimat toilet add to the problems. plus we live a sheltered comples i e retirement home for over 55s my husband got assaulted by another tenant last thursday, since then ive had to stop in for police and doctors 24 7. not kidding police came at 11.30pm one night. doctor came 930pm another night. if you want an email pal, i will give it ago if you want to. pat 

Reply to this Topic 

monkeyraksha

Jun 12

monkeyraksha says:

Hi Diane

I am sorry about your husband i am a disabled lady who cant get out much so i can be here for you as a friend if you need me Hugs huges

Reply to this Topic 

Page

Post a message in Carer's Discussion forum

To post a reply to this topic, please Log In.

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to our terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. Read full terms of use

Receive our newsletter