Skip to content

Forums

• Read updates on Forum functionality

> Service Annoucements

• Please give us feedback, report problems or suggest improvements. Please remember to include the URL of the page. 

>
SEND US AN EMAIL

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

You are in... Forums > Hobbies etc... > Family Tree > Coming Home

Go to most recent reply

curl

Jul 07

curl says:

Coming Home

Starts Wednesday 24th November at 7.30pm. with Michael Sheen being the first to trace his family.

Other subjects are;

Sarah Greene
Ruth Madoc
Michael Ball
Sian Williams

Coming Home BBC Wales

Janexx

Reply to this Topic 

AnnFirstome

Jan 09

AnnFirstome says:

Re: Coming Home

Oh thank you so much for telling us that.  I missed it, of course!  Well, him indoors holds the control (box/remote).  Perhaps I should ease him out somewhere so that I can watch it?  Or buy him a good book?  he he he

I turn off my pc in the evenings and give my hubby some company.  Having said that, for a few hours every day I research our ancestral tree and I come up with new snippets of information and get in touch with more and more distant relatives.  It is great fun whether you actively engage in research or watch others on TV.

Enjoy!  Ann

Attached images:

1. direct ancestor  

Ann from Pembrokeshire, Wales previously Buckinghamshire, England

Reply to this Topic 

curl

Jul 07

curl says:

Hello Ann, lovely to see you.

Sorry you missed it, the programme was quite enjoyable, Michael Sheen found that his great grandmother was a lion tamer with the circus!  Maybe it will be shown on I-player on the pc and you could watch it on there.

You are doing so well with your research.  I had a little break but back into it again now and recently found a family history society for Yardley Gobion where one of my reles was born and I got chatting with them and they have given me some information about my lady and their website is lovely, so easy to follow, but alas, not well used.

Will be in touch for a natter -

love janexx

Janexx

Reply to this Topic 

AnnFirstome

Jan 09

AnnFirstome says:

Hi Janet, It is wonderful when you come across a distant rele and learn more about the family.  I too have found many a website for the area useful.  I recently came across a rele who told me that our family owned a farm in White Hart Lane, Tottenham.  It is now a housing estate and the football team named their ground White Hart Lane although it was just across the road further up!  I attach a picture of the farm, called Rectory Farm but known as Thompson's farm.

My great grand aunt, sister of my great granny grew up in a traveller's van but she married out of the gypsy clan.  She married a widower publican and a distant rele I met on the www sent me a picture of the pub they owned.  Oops cannot find it right now.

Another rele I met told me that my 2nd great grand aunt married a black negro and they had a pub too and a market garden.  That branch of the family are still in market gardening and all white skinned now.  I have a lovely picture of their pub now too. (middle snap)

I have met some very friendly and helpful reles since I have researched, like you.

Attached images:

1. 3shoes  
  2. White Hart Lane Tottenham ancestors farm  

Ann from Pembrokeshire, Wales previously Buckinghamshire, England

Reply to this Topic 

christ30

Nov 11

christ30 says:

Many thanks for sharing it,

It really very sweet. :)

Watch Young Adult Online

Reply to this Topic 

Page

Post a message in Family Tree

To post a reply to this topic, please Log In.

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to our terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. Read full terms of use

Receive our newsletter